These are the continuing journeys of me, James Pickering, and Les Webster of The Fellowship of the Geeks, as we ply the crowds at our first 71st World Science Fiction Convention or known as Lone Star Con 3!
Again, it’s another late night, but we had so much fun. The Hugo Awards are a once in a lifetime event, but I am truly going to try and do this again. I seriously could do this for the rest of my life. To be in the same room with so much talent is just a great experience.
Congratulations to all the winners, which I will list below. We’ve got one more day and I’ve got to prepare for it. Good night.
- Best Novel-Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas, John Scalzi (Tor)
- Best Novella-The Emperor’s Soul, Brandon Sanderson (Tachyon Publications)
- Best Novelette-“The Girl-Thing Who Went Out for Sushi”, Pat Cadigan (Edge of Infinity, Solaris)
- Best Short Story-“Mono no Aware”, Ken Liu (The Future is Japanese, VIZ Media LLC)
- Best Related Work-Writing Excuses Season Seven, Brandon Sanderson, Dan Wells, Mary Robinette Kowal, Howard Tayler and Jordan Sanderson
- Best Graphic Story-Saga, Volume One, written by Brian K. Vaughn, illustrated by Fiona Staples (Image Comics)
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form-The Avengers, Screenplay & Directed by Joss Whedon (Marvel Studios, Disney, Paramount)
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form-Game of Thrones, “Blackwater”, Written by George R.R. Martin, Directed by Neil Marshall. Created by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss (HBO)
- Best Editor, Short Form-Stanley Schmidt
- Best Editor, Long Form-Patrick Nielsen Hayden
- Best Professional Artist-John Picacio
- Best Semiprozine-Clarkesworld, edited by Neil Clarke, Jason Heller, Sean Wallace and Kate Baker
- Best Fanzine-SF Signal, edited by John DeNardo, JP Frantz, and Patrick Hester
- Best Fancast-SF Squeecast, Elizabeth Bear, Paul Cornell, Seanan McGuire, Lynne M. Thomas, Catherynne M. Valente and David McHone-Chase
- Best Fan Writer-Tansy Rayner Roberts
- Best Fan Artist-Galen Dara
- The John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer-Mur Lafferty
Thanks to The Hugo Awards website for the extra info. I can only write so fast in a darkened ballroom with a camera in one hand.
Here are the links to the photos.